PHP 7 is the way to go
Re-engineered features with compatible to all trusted data source, PHP 7 can really help PHP developers, worldwide.
Entire PHP community is very much happy with the new updated version as all the drawbacks has been removed that were present in the previous version(s) and this helps to establish a new era for enterprise level projects.
Let us take you through, as to why you should chose PHP for web development –
- Equipped with the latest features
- Performance Improvements
- Open Source, Free, and User-friendly
- Compatible to all the OS and Servers
- Includes multiple PHP frameworks
- MVC coding pattern
- Object Oriented Programming
- Security and Cross Platform
Let’s check out more of PHP7 –
Benchmarks for PHP 7 consistently show speeds twice as fast as PHP 5.6 and many times even faster!
- FACILITATES ERROR HANDLING
To say the least, handling fatal and catchable fatal errors have never been an easy task for PHP coders. The new Engine Exceptions will allow you to replace these kind of errors with exceptions. If the exception is not caught, PHP will continue to return the same fatal errors as it does in the 5.X series.
- 64-BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM SUPPORT
PHP 7 introduces consistent 64-bit support which means both native 64-bit integers and large files will be supported, allowing you to confidently run the language on your 64-bit Windows system in the future.
- ENABLES ACCURATE TYPE DECLARATIONS
The new PHP 7 enables developers to enhance the quality of their code with the help of return type declarations.To enhance the feature even more, PHP 7 introduces 4 new type declarations for scalar types: int, float, string and bool.The new scalar types allow developers to denote that they are expecting integers, floats, strings, or booleans to be returned. The new scalar types introduced by PHP 7 will also be supported by argument Type Hints that enables developers to force the type of parameters since the PHP 5.X series.
- ADDS ANONYMOUS CLASSES
PHP 7 enables you to use anonymous classes, already a well-established practice in other object-oriented languages like C# and Java. An anonymous class is a class without a name. The object it instantiates has the same functionality as an object of a named class.
The syntax is the same as what we are used to in traditional PHP classes, only the name is missing. If anonymous classes are used well, they can speed up coding as well execution time. Anonymous classes are excellent when a class is used only once during execution and in cases when a class doesn’t need to be documented.
TREND ALERT: Probable PHP Trends In 2017
- With the improvement in several important factors like speed and other, PHP 7 may dominate in all aspects of PHP development.
- The update and release of major frameworks versions like Symfony, Laravel and Yii which are running with the older version of PHP. These frameworks may completely clinch with PHP 7 important features.
- Web hosting service providers may upgrade to PHP 7 with the increase popularity and features.